Students should have completed coursework in mathematics and the sciences.
All applicants are required to submit:
- A college transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- Describe your background, your past work in your intended field of study, and your plans for graduate study and a professional career.
- If you are currently in a graduate program at another university, please explain why you wish to leave.
- If you are not currently enrolled in an academic program, please describe your activities since leaving school.
- All official test scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Columbia University: code 2619. No department code is needed.
- If your academic transcripts are not originally in English and the college/university you attended does not provide a translation of your transcript into English, you must upload a separate file with an electronic or scanned-in version of a translation to English for each of your non-English transcripts.
Applicants from non-English- speaking countries are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applications for enrollment in Fall 2021 will be available beginning in mid-September 2020. The University asks that applications be received by December 1st, 2020. Information regarding applications and the link to the application portal can be found on the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at CUIMC application page.