Students should have completed coursework in mathematics and the sciences.
All applicants are required to submit:
- A college transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- Describe your background, your past work in your intended field of study, and your plans for graduate study and a professional career.
- If you are currently in a graduate program at another university, please explain why you wish to leave.
- If you are not currently enrolled in an academic program, please describe your activities since leaving school.
- All official test scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Columbia University: code 2619. No department code is needed.
- If your academic transcripts are not originally in English and the college/university you attended does not provide a translation of your transcript into English, you must upload a separate file with an electronic or scanned-in version of a translation to English for each of your non-English transcripts.
Applicants from non-English- speaking countries are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applications for admission in September 2020 are no longer being accepted. Applications for admission in September 2021 will be available in September 2020.